The Teaching and Learning Rooms are intended for library instruction and collaborative research/learning purposes.
- Reservations for these rooms are mediated and must be approved. An intended use must be included in the reservation.
- Group Study Room policies and room information
- Reservations can be made for 3 hours per person per day. If you have special needs, contact us.
- For information on reserving the 9th floor of Millikan or the SFL Amphitheater, contact us.
- These rooms are not available as the meeting place for regularly scheduled classes.
The Teaching Resource Room on the 9th floor of Millikan is intended for teaching assistants to use as a room to meet with students or provide course materials to their students. It is not intended to serve as a classroom.
- During the week, the room is first come, first served, from 8am-4pm. Reservations are required after 4pm until 12am.
- On weekends, the room is available 9am to 12am by reservation only.
- Reservations are only available to faculty, graduate students, and post docs who are teaching a course.
- Reservations can be made for up to 3 hours per person per day. Special arrangements may be possible, contact us.
- The room is not locked.
- Please do not leave your personal belongings behind.
- If you leave your personal belongings unattended, they will be subject to removal. If we cannot ascertain who owns the items or cannot contact you, the items will be sent to the Security Office and you will be required to pick them up there.
- To assure that a room is available, please make your reservations in advance.
- If you have questions about this room, contact us.
The room contains a 52" HDTV monitor with VGA output, a whiteboard, and seating for 10 people.
Beginning on April 8, 2017: The Group Meeting Room will be located on the third floor (#326) of the Sherman Fairchild Library. This meeting room is intended for collaborative and research purposes. The room will contain:
- Tables and seating for 15
- Wall to wall whiteboards
Please note that this room will not have workstations or a digital projector but a digital projector can be checked out at the SFL circulation desk for use (check ahead for availability).
The TechLab 2 is located in the Sherman Fairchild Library (#129). This room provides a special group workspace geared towards those interested in tinkering and creating in a makerspace learning environment. The special equpment available includes:
- Arduino UNO starter kits
- Sensor kits
- Raspberry Pi's
- 2 MAKEiT 3D printers
- Monitor/keyboard/mouse hotel station (for raspberry pi)
Key for room must be checked out at the circulation desk.
The Multimedia Conference Room (MCR) will only be available through special request. Contact us for such requests. The MCR is on the 3rd floor (#328) of the Sherman Fairchild Library. Please check out the key for this room at the SFL circulation desk. The room is intended for library instruction and collaborative research/learning sessions that utilize the technology of the room. It contains:
- Seating for 20
- 90" HDTV monitor
- Digital projector (with touch/annotation/capture capability)
- Ability to send signal to monitor and/or projector from:
- AirMedia (wireless video and audio)
- Podium with PC workstation and webcam (Skype installed)
- Wall to wall whiteboards
- Speakerphone (626-395-3447)
- Those recording 3MT submissions have priority booking 4pm to 8pm each day from March 28 - 31.