Library spaces, conference rooms, and group study rooms are intended for collaborative and research purposes.
- Reservations can be made for 3 hours per person per day. If you have special needs, contact us.
- Group Study Room policies and room information
- To assure that a room is available, please make your reservations in advance, Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:00; Reservations made outside that time frame cannot be guaranteed.
- The 9th floor of Millikan and the SFL Amphitheater may be available for academic event reservations. Please note: no alcohol is permitted for any events scheduled for the 9th floor. For information on reserve the whole 9th floor of Millikan or SFL Amphitheater, contact us.
- Group study rooms and other library spaces are not available as the meeting place for regularly scheduled classes.
- Spaces cannot be used for events involving K-12 student groups.
Four group study rooms are located on the 2nd floor of the Sherman Fairchild Library. Each contains:
- Seating for 9
- 52" HDTV monitor with Mac workstation
- Keyboard and mouse for each room are available for checkout at the circulation desk
A larger group study room will be located on the third floor (#326) of the Sherman Fairchild Library. This meeting room is intended for collaborative and research purposes. The room will contain:
- Tables and seating for 15
- Wall to wall whiteboards
- Food and drink is permitted in this room but must be cleaned up afterwards.
- Food and drink is not permitted to be in the hall outside the room.
Please note that this room will not have workstations or a digital projector but a digital projector can be checked out at the SFL circulation desk for use (check ahead for availability).
Room 326 also includes the VR workstation. You can reserve this room to ensure you are able to use the VR workstation. Find out more info at https://www.library.caltech.edu/VR.
One group study room is available on the 9th floor of Millikan. Reservations for group study are available from 8am - 4pm, Mondays through Fridays.
However, after 4pm during the week and all day on Saturdays and Sundays, this room becomes the Teaching Resource Room and reservations are mediated and limited to faculty, graduate students, and post docs who are teaching a course.
The room contains a 52" HDTV monitor with VGA output, a whiteboard, and seating for 10 people.