In this interactive AuthorCarpentry workshop you'll learn how to write a reproducible report using RStudio. Participants will:
- Identify the features of a reproducible and dynamic research communication (Paper of the Future) that is fit to enter the scholarly record.
- Describe the benefits of composing research reports with open authoring tools.
- Apply a text-based workflow for creating a paper that combines dynamic text, code and software.
- Demonstrate an open-source workflow for automatically converting openly authored documents for publication, online posting and professional presentation.
- Demonstrate use of the RStudio GUI platform for authoring and producing professional-quality research reports.
Basic experience with RStudio or an open attitude to learning new tools as we go. Bring your laptop and install R and RStudio before the workshop (Instructions will be provided via email).
9:00am - 12:00pm, Friday, October 26, 2018